Best Frozen Shoulder Ayurveda treatment in Mumbai. Frozen shoulder is a condition in which there is limitation of motion in a joint due to inflammatory thickening of the capsule, a common cause of stiffness in the shoulder.
Common symptoms include swelling, pain and stiffness. You’re more likely to have the condition if you’re between the ages of 40 and 60.
Apabahuka (Frozen Shoulder) is considered to be a disease that usually affects the shoulder joint (amsa sandhi) and is produced by the Vata dosha. Amsa shosha can be considered as the preliminary stage of the disease where loss or dryness of the Shleshaka Kapha from the shoulder joint occurs. The next stage, that is, Apabahuka, occurs due to the loss of Shleshaka Kapha and symptoms like shoola during movement, restricted movement, and so on, are manifested.
Pain due to frozen shoulder is usually dull or aching. It can be worsened with attempted motion. The pain is usually located over the outer shoulder area and sometimes the upper arm.
Stages of Frozen shoulder:
• Freezing stage: Shoulder movements cause pain. The ability to move shoulder reduces.
• Frozen stage. Pain may decrease but stiffness increases
• Thawing stage. The range of motion in your shoulder begins to improve.
Causes for frozen shoulder as per Ayurveda:
(i) External causes : Injury to the vital parts of the body (marma) or the region surrounding shoulder joint
Excess exposure to wind, A.C., sleeping with wrong posture
(ii) Internal causes : Vata aggravating diet and activities. Excess of pungent, bitter and astringent tasting foods.
1. Oleation (Snehana) : Luke warm medicated oil applied followed Ayurvedic massage given to the shoulder girdle from back of the neck to the tip of the corresponding arm is usually beneficial.
2. Swedana (Steam) : Herbal Steam is carried in the massage area, this stimulates the nerve endings and improves blood circulation too. Thus the pain and stiffness are relieved.
3. Nasya (Nasal drops): Nasya does have significant effect in this condition as it stimulates the nerve endings in Frozen Shoulder
4. Basti treatment (rectal enema with oils / herbal decoctions) might be required to bring about Vata Balance.
5. Yoga: It plays a important role in complete treatment of frozen shoulder. It helps in increasing range of motions and mobility of your joint
Book your appointment at Sparsh Speciality Ayurveda for treatment of frozen shoulder. Call 8097715083 / 9819343878 for appointments