Hemorrhoids, commonly known as piles, is small swelling around the anal region. In Ayurveda it is called Arsha.
It is which can sometimes lead to loss of blood. This condition can take place internally or externally, and they are equally painful. , it is the condition in which veins in the anal region get varicosed.
Causes of piles?
Most common cause of Piles is repeated straining while having a bowel movement.
Increase intra-abdominal pressure: The chance of getting piles is increased when pressure is put on the abdomen, which in turn increases pressure on veins inside the anus. In Piles the Veins located in the lower rectum and the anal canal become swollen and dilated, in turn the anus become inflamed because of too much straining in the area. The inflammation may be internal, occurring inside the anus, or externally protruding through the anus.
Improper Diet & Digestion: They are often associated with a long history of indigestion and constipation, food habit like food without fiber resulting in hard stools.
Pregnancy– Post-partum hemorrhoids/Piles and pregnancy hemorrhoids are getting common, and this is mostly due to expansion of the uterus during pregnancy and also possibly due to strain on the rectal wall during childbirth
Types of Piles?
There are generally two types of Piles.
Depending on where your Piles are located, they are considered “internal” or “external.”
External piles are usually found beneath the skin that surrounds the anus.
Piles are also be classified according to the degree of severity.
1. First degree piles are swollen cushions that always remain within in the anal canal; these are painless.
2.Second degree piles are pushed down (prolapsed) when stools (faeces) are passed, but return inside after wards.
3.Third degree piles are pushed down (prolapsed) when stools (faeces) are passed, or come down at other times. They do not go back by themselves after faeces have been passed.
What are the symptoms of piles?
There are a range of symptoms that can affect a person with Piles. Symptoms may vary depending on the severity of your Piles. The symptoms of hemorrhoids (Piles) are:
- Bleeding from the anus (Bright red colour).
- Blood stained stools or bleeding during passing stools
- Tenderness or pain during bowel movements.
- Painful swelling or a lump near the anus.
- Itching around the anus
- A mucous anal discharge.
You may notice bleeding when using the passing your faeces (stools)
Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles (Hemorrhoids) at Sparsh Speciality Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
Piles can be treated in a few ways in Ayurveda, depending on the severity.
Ruling out the cause of your piles and avoiding the causative factor is important. Ayurvedic herbs like haritaki helps in clearing bowels which reduces the straining while passing bowels.
Along with medicines to normalize the bowel movements. Herbs are used to stabilize your digestion process which is very important factor in piles.
- Kshara karma is Ayurvedic surgical procedures effective in piles treatment. It involves the application of organic alkalies that promote removal of excess tissues and proliferation and healing of normal tissues.
What is Kshara Karma?
Kshara Karma is an Ayurvedic surgical procedure that involves the application of caustic alkalis such as Apamargakshara (Achyranthesaspera), Arkakshara (Caltropisgigantea) or Snuhikshara (Euphorbia lingularia) to cauterize and arrest the blood flow to the pile mass. Within 1-2 weeks of the procedure the pile mass will shrivel up and fall off leaving so scar tissue on the anal canal.
What are the benefits of Kshara Karma?
- Post-operative pain is mild
- No bleeding
- One day procedure, minimal hospitalization
- Due to no scar tissue formation, no chance of incontinence of stools
- Minimal chance of reoccurrence
Benefits of Ayurvedic treatment for Piles.
- Ayurveda treatment regularises bowels and treats constipation effectively.
- Helps in shrinking the pile mass to certain extend.
- No operation, No cuts, No stitches for Kshar karma and panchakarma treatment.
- Painless procedures.
Book your appointment at Sparsh Speciality Ayurveda, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai to treat your piles problem. The best and most successful Ayurvedic treatment in Mumbai with a promising result for piles.